Ticket #479 (new Improvement)
Opened 3 years ago
Daisy Wiki extensions need to be able to provide / embed java components and have own classloader
|Reported by:||bruno@…||Owned by:||somebody|
|Component:||Frontend - platform||Version:|
[jira2trac import : issue created on May 25, 2007 8:25:07 AM CEST http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/DSY-479 ]
The current Wiki extensions are flexible and lightweight, but are limited to responding to HTTP requests:
- We need a clean way to use Java code in extensions:
- extension-specific classpath (now jars need to be added to WEB-INF/lib, which means extensions are not self-contained and the Daisy Wiki needs to be changed)
- component container per extension
- making components available to other extensions
- An extension shouldn't necessarily provide a new URL space, but could simply exist for the purpose of making Java component available, registering a hook, ...
Most of these things need to be made available on the level of Cocoon, and might already be OK (to some extent) in Cocoon 2.2.