Ticket #441 (closed Improvement)
ImagePreSaveHook should have some way to trigger its execution in case the source part data has not changed
|Reported by:||bruno@…||Owned by:|
[jira2trac import : issue created on April 5, 2007 7:25:43 AM CEST http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/DSY-441 ]
In Daisy 2.0, the ImagePreSaveHook? was 'enhanced' to only redo its work when the part containing the image data changed.
However, this makes it difficult to explicitly trigger the ImagePreSaveHook? in cases like:
* an upgrade from a pre-1.5 Daisy is done
* the configuration of the image hook changed
* or some other reason (e.g. installing JAI) that would cause the image hook to behave in new ways
The only way right now to do this is by making sure the image part data is changed, thus by effectively re-assigning the part data. While this works perfectly, it causes needless growth of the blobstore, and this is what this enhancement wanted to avoid in the first place.
Possible solutions for triggering:
- some configurable field has some configurable value (e.g. ImageWidth? is set to -1)
- or more generically, an expression evaluates to true on the document (using QueryManager?.parsePredicateExpression)
- (add your own)